JOIN OUR TEAM
Job Title: Recovery Worker
Salary: £9 – 12 per hour. Dependent on Experience
Accountable to : Managing Director
Are you passionate about helping others, do you have a clear understanding of Addiction and recovery? ADAPT needs you!
ADAPT is a charity that offers supported housing to addicts in recovery from addiction. We run a day group treatment programme 4 days per week and provide 1 to 1 therapy to all our clients. We are expanding at a first growing rate and in the past 16 months have built up a portfolio of 6 properties.
Main responsibilities and duties-
– Be able to undertake admissions.
– Must have experience in the field of addiction.
– 2 years clean time required if in recovery from substance addiction, and an understanding of the 12 steps.
– Filling in forms for the DWP. PIP Forms, Work Capability assesment forms, anything in regards to Universal credit. This isn’t a neccesity and training will be given.
– Available to be on call two weekends a month. Extra pay included if needed.
– Supporting clients back into employment / college courses/ uni.
– Having a clear understanding around service user risk and relapse.
– Support service users to sustain their recovery
– Communicate with colleagues about clients needs
– Develop positive professional relationships with residents, visitors and colleagues.
– Must have compassion and empathy for those who have had long standing drug and alcohol problems.
– Be able to offer one to one advice and guidance to individuals, supporting access to mainstream community provision, e.g. training, education, volunteering, employment, and any other service which meets individual recovery goals.
Essential criteria include:
- An enhanced DBS
- Strong knowledge and experience of substance misuse, addiction and the recovery pathway
- Experience of working collaboratively with GPs or similar healthcare setting
- A driver with access to your own car
Part-time hours: 16 per week with the possibility of going full time.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £9.00-£12.00 per hour
To apply please email your CV and Cover letter to email@example.com